Take care how you speak to yourself because you are listening!
“Love yourself” is simple to say and sometimes the most difficult thing to do.
It means asking ourselves what love is.
It means asking ourselves what we believe our value to be.
It can mean dismantling a lifetime of false and or negative beliefs.
Self-love matters because YOU matter! No matter what your programming is, you have the power to change it.
Here are 5 things you can do to get started.
1. Become mindful through meditation. This is hands-down the best thing you can do for yourself. If you don’t take the time to quiet your mind, how can you hear what God is trying to tell you?
2. Forgive yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves! One of the downsides of taking responsibility for our actions is punishing ourselves too much for mistakes we make while learning and growing. It’s time to accept that you perfectly perfect just the way you are.
3. Practice self-care. This isn’t just about engaging in healthy activities like sound nutrition, exercise and getting proper sleep. Those are a given. I mean being careful in what you are thinking and the way you talk to and about yourself!
4. Create a community of support. As much as we would like to think we can, we can’t do everything ourselves. You need the support and love from people around you to stay motivated and on track.
5. Write in a journal. It’s important to express your true feelings and the best way to do this is to write it down in your journal. Make this your best friend. It’s something you can tell all your secrets to and not worry that it will get out.
Remember, if you want something different, you have to do something different! The choice is yours.
YOU have the power!
I’ve created a free 7 Days of Self-Love Challenge. I invite you to join me! Click on the link to sign up.